Bolventor Church Cornwall - Holy Trinity

Bolventor Exterior View
Click here to download

Bolventor Side Elevation
Click here to download

The parish of Bolventor was created from Altarnon, Cardinham and St. Neot in 1849.

The Parish Church of the Holy Trinity was consecrated by the Bishop of Exeter on July 3rd 1848 and is cruciform built of granite and of Gothic style.

There had been a 12th century chapel of St. Luke but this had been desecrated during the reformation, the Norman font from this chapel can now be seen at the church of St. Luke at Tideford. The new church was provided by Squire Rodd of Trebartha, with an endowment to the benefice of £45 per year.

The present church consists of of a nave, transepts and a central turret over the crossing containing one bell. There is a central stone altar.

Back to Cornish Church Index

Home Page