The ecclesiastical parish of Chacewater was created out of the parishes of Kenwyn and Kea.in 1837.
The Church had been built in 1828 at a cost of over £5000 and was greatly restored 1886 before being badly damaged by a lightning strike the same year.
In 1892, with the exception of the tower, the church was completely rbuilt by Edmund Sedding of local stone. The cost of the new building was £2500, it was redicated on December 20th 1892.
The nave is over 45 feet high and the capitals which divide it from the aisles are of Polyphant stone. These are capped with a fine barrel roof. The pulpit, of serpentine marble, was given in memory of Bishop Wilkinson of Truro.
Some of the stained glass at the east end of the Church was bought here from St. Mary’s Truro and installed by Pearson.
Back to Cornish Church Index